How do I register for Bowl for Kids' Sake online?
Go to the Register Now button on the homepage and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage.
What prizes can I earn? Below are last year prizes - 2021 prizes TBA
What do the t-shirts look like this year?
Do I need to personalize my page?
People who edit their website to talk about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters raise a lot more money. It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a personal story.
I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) Recruit 4 more people to join your team. It's an easy ask! Teams consist of 5 players so if you recruit more - you can have as many teams as you want!
2) Sign up for a bowling session that works for your team.
3) Encourage team members to raise $65 or more to meet your team goal of $325. You can share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters on your community, keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success ("Katie just got a $50 donation!" "Joel has already exceeded his personal goal of $200!" "Our team just surpassed the $1,000 mark!")
4) Have fun! Join us at the Andy B's to celebrate your team’s success! Your $325 minimum must be met by your bowling session and turned in prior to the event or at event check-in for your team to bowl. Remember, it’s not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on your community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any suggestions?
Our most successful fundraisers choose to send personal emails and use social media to reach out to your networks. And don't forget about letters, phone calls, and even a bake sale. Get creative! Need more help? Give us a call! We're happy to brainstorm a few ideas with you!
How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Sign in to your personal page (HQ) to view sponsors and teammates.
Can friends and family make a donation to me by going through the main website?
Yes. On the homepage of the website, friends and family can locate you by clicking on the Donate to a Bowler button. If they type in your name, they will be directed to your personalized pledge page.
Can my sponsors pay by cash or check?
Sure! Most bowlers find it easier to keep track of checks. You can enter your donations into your HQ and then mail everything to our office or bring it with you to your session, and we'll credit the money to your personal fundraising goal.
Where does the money raised from Bowl for Kids' Sake go?
100% of the money raised through Bowl for Kids' Sake stays here in our community. We depend on the money raised from Bowl for Kids' Sake to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child's family. Check out the "About" section for more information on how Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks works.
Why is the "Sponsor Bowler" search not finding a Bowler that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Bowler exactly how they entered it when they registered. Try using just the first few letters of someone's name if you're not sure how it's spelled. If you have a problem locating a bowler that you are sure has registered, please contact us.
How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign in to your HQ. You can then view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
All of my donors are not showing up on the scroll mechanism. Why?
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
Is my information secure?
Yes! Engaging Networks has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
What is the long website address in my confirmation receipt?
This website address will take you to your personal donation page. This address link is automatically included in any emails that are sent through the email center in event headquarters after you have logged into the website. You can also copy and paste this link into any other form of email.