Held annually the Saturday before Thanksgiving, El Tour de Tucson is a fundraising adventure ride attracting over 9,000 cyclists of all ages and abilities from throughout the United States and worldwide, consisting of novice, intermediate, advanced, and professional cyclists. Join The Defenders for El Tour de Tucson 2020.
The 38th Annual El Tour de Tucson has been postponed to Saturday April 10th, 2021.
SoAzBigs Defenders can choose to pedal a 28, 57, or 100-mile tour through the Sonoran Desert from flat to rolling or moderately hilly course options. All cyclists are winners as all tour finishers receive a medal based on the distance completed. While the chosen distance dictates your start time and location, all tours end at Armory Park for the Downtown El Tour Celebration, a fiesta complete with music, drinks, food, vendors and more.
For more information regarding El Tour De Tucson please visit El Tour de Tucson - Remember you do not need to "register," BBBSSA will complete your registration and cover your entry fee.
1 – 2 - 3-RIDE
- Set up and personalize your online Fundraising Page to meet Your $450 fundraising goal! Share this page via email, social media and gather pledges in person.
- BBBSSA will reach out, as you near your goal, to collect your remaining registeration information and participation wavier (required by Perimeter Cycling, the hosting organization for El Tour de Tucson). If you have questions, email them directly to email@example.com.
- Enjoy the ride! SoAzBigs will keep you posted on practice rides leading up to the tour, fundraising and engagement tips to get your donor base going, and update you on Bigs and Littles who are benefiting right now because of your support!
Fundraising Cyclist Incentive
Join us, be a Defender of Potential, and receive the following benefits and incentives:
BRONZE LEVEL - $450 raised (required minimum to be eligible to ride)
- El Tour de Tucson benefits (as listed on the official application)
- Free entry to ride in the tour at your chosen distance
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona custom face buff mask
- Custom Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona Rider Primal Jersey
SILVER LEVEL - $800 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona custom DEFENDERS T-Shirt
- Two tickets to the After-Tour Brunch - Date to be determined
EL CONQUISTADOR TROPHY - $1,000 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- El Conquistador Trophy, exclusive to tour top finishers and top level fundraisers
GOLD LEVEL - $1,500 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- Exclusive gift TBD
- MatchMaker Medal
Main Event Start Locations and Times
The ride distance you select determines your start location and start time in the tour:
100 Miles (102 miles) start: Armory Park, Downtown at 7:00AM
50 Miles (57 miles) start at 10:00AM
25 Miles (28 miles) start: Heritage Park, Town of Marana at 1:00PM
For more information on the Tour Route, Maps and Cue Sheets visit El Tour De Tucson Cycling Maps. Remember you do not need to "register," BBBSSA will complete your registration and cover your entry fee.
Event Finish Location
The ride distance you select determines your start location in the tour however all distances finish at Armory Park, Downtown hosting the El Tour Fiesta. More information to be announced.
222 S 5th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701
LOOP THE LOOP – 2020 Date Cancelled, a New date has not been provided
Ride 6:30-10:30AM and Party 11AM-1PM
Kick off the countdown to El Tour de Tucson by joining up on the Loop! Enjoy beneficiaries and sponsors greeting you with goodies, fun activities and tour information at booths along the way. The ride wraps up with a party offering music, food and prizes. More information to come.
PACKET PICK UP – EL Tour Fiesta – anticipated for Thursday and Friday April 8th-9th
Armory Park, 222 S 5th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701 – 10AM-9PM
All El Tour de Tucson riders must pick up their rider packet in person with a photo ID. The Rider packet comes complete with your entry number and number badges as well as additional goodies and promotional advertisements. The Fiesta itself is free to the public and hosts many cycling, health and fitness vendors and retailers. SoAzBigs riders pick up their Jersey and fundraising incentives at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona Booth at the Fiesta. More information to come.
Entry into the El Tour de Tucson, for non-fundraising riders, can range from $145 for early applicants to $200 for late applicants. As a DEFENDER of Potential, riding and raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona, your entry is included as a cyclist incentive for meeting the minimum goal of $450 raised.